Tuesday 7 May 2013

Introduction


I am a sucker for reading the Mail online. I read it every day, four times a day.  Not for the breaking news, but purely for the tabloids. When ‘googling’ the success of the Mail online I was stunned to see that they have more than 50 million readers every month, rivaling The New York Times. As much as I love my daily fix of the Mail online, I can’t help wonder why it is so popular. In one week, there main headlines were that Harper Beckham went to the park, Rob Kardashian had a fight with his sister and someone (unsure who) from ‘TOWIE’ took a picture in her underwear. The popularity of the website seems to me that it comes from the most mundane stories.

This gave me an idea, I want to find Mail online archives and find whether mundane celebrity stories have always been a key aspect of their website, or whether this was a good way to keep up with brainless people like I.
I've decided to go backwards with my selection of articles, the first one being chosen from this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment